Previously "Remind 101", now "Remind.com"... this online tool is one of my very favorite online teaching resources that I've ever found. I really believe it revolutionized the way I communicated with my students and parents.
- This tool is completely free, no spam, or annoying emails or anything!
- It allows you to personally communicate with students in a safe way (not between your personal cell phones).
- It allows you to easily text message reminders to a single class, all classes, group of classes, or individual students.
- Parents can sign up too and be a part of the class so they also get reminders.
- You can set your messages to be sent at a certain time (i.e., 7am as your students are about to head out the door, your message comes through reminding them to bring their homework).
- This is a great way to send good vibes to your students, personally or as a group, without calling them out in class.
- You can send URL links, pictures, etc. in your messages. I used to send the link to the online flashcards in my message.
- This is how students communicate! Students LOVE it.
- I'm at a title 1 school, so I only had about 3/4 of each class sign up for the text updates, as many of them did not own cell phones.
- I felt bad knowing that these kids without cell phones weren't getting the extra reminders, support, and encouragement from me. In fact, these students need the support the most!